Main Purpose of Role:
To support the depot manager with the day to day running of the depot including producing quotes and orders. Liaising with customer, suppliers and aftersales where needed.
- Proactively manage stock turnaround & the day to day running’s of the depot. Cleaning/ monitoring daily enquires.
- Ensure invoicing is completed in a timely fashion
- Banking/Cash handling/Cash on delivery
- Proactive management of operations report and ‘T’ card system
- Process quotes and orders in line with customer expectations and specifications
- Cross selling and up-selling of product range
- Determining prices alongside the depot manager to maximise operating margins
- Dealing with customers directly & indirectly in a polite, positive and professional manner
- Technical support/advice where applicable with support from the Depot Manager
- Deputising for the Depot Manager where required. i.e. Holiday cover
- Provision of professional support to other sites when required
- Assist with deliveries to & from site and loading of company LWB vehicles.
- All drivers are responsible for daily vehicle checks which will include water, tyres, oil etc
- Ensure load is correctly stored and secured prior to departure
- All drivers to observe and adhere to Highway Code at all times
- All drivers are responsible for ensuring goods are checked against despatch notes whilst unloading
- All vehicle faults are to be reported as soon as possible
- Adhere to procedures on goods delivered into the depot.
- Report any damaged or missing items according to company procedure.
- Unload goods-in products safely and store in Warehouse efficiently & securely ensuring all goods are correct and to quality standards
- Professionally assist customer on collection of goods.
- Good practicing and following all PPE guidelines when handling depot goods.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Safe and responsible driver with own licence
- Good basic written skills
- Ability to learn and develop
- Organised approach in a timely manner.
- Customer focused/customer engagement
- Basic financial and numeracy skills for checking orders etc
- Manual Handling of heavy products.
- Basic product knowledge of core product range e.g. UPVC windows/doors
- Basic IT skills e.g. email, excel, data entry
To enquire about this position or to submit a copy of your current CV, please click the Apply button.