Main Purpose of Role:
Deliver all products in a safe manner while ensuring there is no risk of damage.
- To deliver all products in a timely and safe manner, ensuring customers are advised in advance if a delivery is going to be late for any reason and that upon delivery the customer’s signature is obtained on all delivery notes before leaving their site.
- Cross check all items against the delivery note, at the time of delivery, marking off as appropriate and ensuring any missing or damaged items are clearly marked. This includes all welded cills and ancillary packs.
- If any products are missing or damaged the Customer Service Department must be contacted at the time of delivery. If the delivery is made prior to 8.30am, the call to the Customer Service Department must be made at 8.30am.
- Any items, for which collection notes have been issued, must be collected in the correct manner. This includes ensuring the note is endorsed by both yourself and the customer, one copy of the note is left with the customer and any goods which are not available for collection are recorded on the appropriate note along with your name clearly printed.
- Any requests for collection by the customer, for which there is no collection note, must not be collected unless authority is first obtained by calling the Customer Service Department.
- Collect cash and cheque payments from customers when required.
- Adopt the appropriate appearance and manner for representing the company, including wearing the issued uniform and being polite and courteous at all time.
- Keep vehicles clean & tidy when in use.
- To help implement and adhere to all company and health and safety policies and procedures.
- Always ensure 100% accuracy of all information.
Health and Safety:
- Each time an item is removed from or added to the load; ensure the entire load is secure and safe to continue its journey.
- Keep an accurate record of driving activities, including tachograph charts, and operate within the DVSA driving legislations.
- Drive the vehicle safely and in accordance with the law.
- Carry out daily defect checks on the vehicle and follow the defect process for reporting and rectifying any defects identified.
- Driving License appropriate for the vehicle they are driving
- Drivers’ qualification card (Digi card)
- CPC Qualification
- Moffett forklift license (site dependant)
- No more than 6 Penalty points
Skills and Knowledge:
- Ability to use and monitor tachograph
- Manual handling
- Health and safety awareness
- Customer base and product knowledge
- Able to work under own direction with little supervision
Impact on Customer:
Ensuring the internal customer has excellent service by identifying any issues with deliveries and ensuring that all deliveries are prepared and ready for loading.
To enquire about this position or to submit a copy of your current CV, please click the Apply button.