Main Purpose of Role:
To support the depot manager with the day to day running of the depot including quotes, order processing, managing aftersales issues, liaising with customers, creating job files, invoicing, and checking goods in and out of the depot.
- Proactively manage stock turnaround & the day to day running’s of the depot. Cleaning/ monitoring daily enquires
- Ensure invoicing is completed in a timely fashion
- Banking/Cash handling/Cash on delivery
- Proactive management of operations report and ‘T’ card system
- Process quotes and orders in line with customer expectations and specifications
- Cross selling and up-selling of product range
- Determining prices alongside the depot manager to maximise operating margins
- Dealing with customers directly & indirectly in a polite, positive and professional manner
- Technical support/advice where applicable with support from the Depot Manager
- Provision of professional support to other sites when required
- Assist with deliveries to & from site and loading of company LWB vehicles.
- All drivers are responsible for daily vehicle checks which will include water, tyres, oil etc
- Ensure load is correctly stored and secured prior to departure
- All drivers to observe and adhere to Highway Code at all times
- All drivers are responsible for ensuring goods are checked against despatch notes whilst unloading
- All vehicle faults are to be reported as soon as possible
- Adhere to procedures on goods delivered into the depot
- Report any damaged or missing items according to company procedure
- Unload goods-in products safely and store in Warehouse efficiently & securely ensuring all goods are correct and to quality standards
- Professionally assist customer on collection of goods
- Good practicing and following all PPE guidelines when handling depot goods.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Safe and responsible driver with own licence
- Good basic written skills
- Ability to learn and develop
- Organised approach in a timely manner
- Customer focused/customer engagement
- Basic financial and numeracy skills for checking orders etc
- Manual Handling of heavy products.
- Basic product knowledge of core product range e.g. UPVC windows/doors
- Basic IT skills e.g. email, excel, data entry.
To enquire about this position or to submit a copy of your current CV, please click the Apply button.