Main Purpose of Role:
To maximise the sales and profit of the depot to agreed targets, whilst providing service excellence to the customer base.
To have the overall responsibility for the day to day operational running of their depot in accordance with the Company handbook and all required duties:
- Ensure that the depot is opened on time and is always staffed during the agreed hours of business.
- All orders and quotes are to be processed accurately and in a timely manner.
- All goods received are to be checked, signed for and the relevant paperwork filed as per operational procedures. Any shortages/issues are to be reported immediately.
- Each Depot Manager has the prime responsibility for providing excellent customer services and maintaining a good working relationship with all of their customers and colleagues which can also be supported by the Area Sales Managers.
- All customer complaints and queries are to be dealt with in a timely manner and reported to the relevant departments as per the operational procedures.
- To exceed their individual sales and profit targets with the assistance of the Area Sales Managers.
- Debtors Control – ensuring all existing customers keep within their agreed payment terms. Payment terms are clearly explained to all new customers and each depot Counter Sales account is managed according to the company’s credit control policy.
- Weekly Debtors meetings are to be carried out with the Accounts Department/Operational Manager.
- All weekly and monthly reporting is completed and filled in correctly and submitted on time.
- Depot Managers must continually review the profitability of their depot and ensure all expenditure is in keeping within the Depot Budget. Any additional expenditure is agreed and signed off.
- You must ensure that all goods delivered or collected from each depot are to be dealt with as per company procedures, despatch notes must be signed for by each customer and all deliveries are carried out in a cost-effective manner.
- Each Depot Manager is to support their Operational Manager in ensuring that all of their drivers/assistants fulfil their roles and responsibilities.
- Maintaining a good housekeeping standard keeping both office and storage spaces clean and organised.
- Ensure that all company vehicles associated with their individual branches are regularly maintained and kept in a clean condition.
Each Depot Manager has the responsibility to Support their Area Sales Managers where necessary in advertising, canvassing and mail shots to attract new customers to their individual branch as per their Sales and Marketing plan.
To enquire about this position or to submit a copy of your current CV, please click the Apply button.