Main Purpose of Role:
To efficiently load/scan all items onto the correct vehicles and ensuring all loads are safely secured in accordance to the relevant H & S legislation.
- Ensure all company products are loaded, and secured, on company delivery vehicles within the time frames required.
- Ensure 100% of items are scanned on to the correct company vehicles in order to ensure 100% right first-time deliveries to the end customer.
- Ensure all loads are evenly loaded so that weight is shared equally over all four axels of the vehicle
- Adhere to all the company’s policies, procedures, working practices and H&S Requirements
Health and Safety:
- Responsible for ensuring all loads are safely secured in accordance to the relevant H & S legislation.
- Ensure correct PPE is worn at all times.
- Report accidents, or near misses, to your foreman in a timely manner.
- Responsible for the safety of yourself, other employees and company property whilst manoeuvring vehicles in the rear yard.
- Maintain clear access and egress within the loading area at all times.
- Ensure all required documents/reports are completed correctly and on time as required by your manager.
- Any items that can’t be identified for loading, or are damaged, must be brought to the attention of your manager immediately, to ensure the product gets located or re-made, ensuring 100% right first time in relation to deliveries.
- Respond to requests for information from internal and external customers in a timely manner.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Must be self-motivated, enthusiastic and work well within a team
- Must be customer focused in relation to 100% RFT
- Commit to overtime at short notice to meet company needs.
- Must have good punctuality and attendance
- Loading and securing a load safely
Impact on Customer:
Ensuring the customer has excellent service by identifying any issues with deliveries and ensuring that all deliveries are prepared and ready for loading.
To enquire about this position or to submit a copy of your current CV, please click the Apply button.