Main Purpose of Role:
To pack profile, identifying quality problems and highlighting to the Shift Leader. Undertakes a range of quality testing. To learn how to extrude profile to the required quality and safety standards on a small number of extruders.
Multiple positions are available.
- To pack profile to agreed packing standards
- To identify quality problems, highlighting quality concerns immediately to the Shift Leader. To undertake a range of quality tests in line with agreed procedures.
- To prepare an extruder to run, ensuring all relevant materials and equipment are available and the extruder is started in line with agreed procedures, and pre-start checks are completed.
- To start and run an extruder in line with agreed procedures, ensuring minimal scrap and that profile is produced to agreed quality standards.
- Undertakes tool changes with minimal supervision.
- To record accurately and timely all production and quality information required.
- To ensure all safety and housekeeping standards are adhered to.
- To undertake the training required to progress from a Trainee Operator to Operator, demonstrating successful completion of the required modules within agreed timeframes.
- Demonstrates competence in packing to agreed protocols
- Identifies quality problems in a timely manner and can undertake the range of quality testing expected of a Trainee operator
- With minimal supervision can start and run an extruder in the correct manner, producing good quality product with minimal scrap. Can freeze down a line.
- Successfully undertakes tool changes.
- Completion of daily paperwork at correct times to agreed standards
- Completion of quality checks during each shift to agreed standards
- Working towards completion of Extrusion training programme
Skills and Knowledge:
- Previous production experience, ideally in a shift-based environment
- Mechanical aptitude is desirable
- Demonstrates a drive for continuous learning and has the aptitude to learn
- Demonstrates strong focus on safety and housekeeping in all activities
- Team player, with ability to communicate at all levels
- Attention to detail, accurate and numerical
- Reliable and punctual
Impact on Customer:
- Direct impact. An Operator is responsible for the extrusion of good quality profile for the customer.