Main Purpose of the Role
The Maintenance Engineer is to provide a reliable and efficient maintenance service to the production departments to help drive Quality standards, through improved machinery Reliability and Maintenance
The role expectation will be one that demonstrates a very practical, customer focused approach. A flexible attitude to working time, and the ability to be a Great Team member are key to the role.
Health and Safety
Responsible for ensuring the safety culture and minimisation of environmental impact in all engineering work and associated activities.
- Following site rules, with keen focus on Machinery safety, not limited to LOTO, Risk Assessment and Safe Working Practices
- Ensure all Permits to Work are issued within the legal standards and expectations of the business and through careful monitoring ensure that all contract labour comply to all safe working practices.
- Ensure, through both reactive and proactive maintenance measures, that the products are manufactured in a safe and clean working environment in line with UKWG standards and measures
- Create a safe working culture by ensuring total compliance with the legal requirements and safety standards, set out in the health & safety policy, in relation to machinery.
- Deliver a service that ensures customer satisfaction, resulting in minimum downtime to production
- Reduce the Cost in parts and repairs through improved and proactive preventative machinery maintenance
- Comply with Planned Preventative Maintenance schedules, spares, and technical files for all new plant & equipment.
- Use Root Cause Analysis techniques to drive Reliability improvements
- Communicate closely with manufacturing functions ensuring the attainment of production schedules during the execution of projects are met enabling ROTIF objectives to be achieved.
- Perform Facilities and Buildings Maintenance, to provide a safe working environment.
- Act in an honest, responsible and respectful manner, be responsible for own professional conduct.
- Lead by example and promote UKWG goals, vision and values.