Main Purpose of Role:
To ensure Production Targets are met in line with customer requirements. To manage the day to day running of the Production function.
- Manufacture all products to the agreed targets of Output, Quality and Cost.
- Ensure, and measure via the reporting system, the effectiveness of the delivery into Glazing by the given deadlines.
- Prepare production reports for production monitoring purposes.
- Conduct regular team meetings and provide targets, guidance and information that will ensure the efficient running of each department.
- Manage all staff to ensure 100% delivery within cost and performance constraints set out in the production plans.
- Liaise with the various peripheral departments, associated with production, to ensure accurate stock levels.
- Always ensure that the correct works methods are in use.
- Evaluate current production methods, implement efficient/enhanced methods, and follow up providing detailed improvements together with potential savings.
Health and Safety:
- Ensure the health, safety and welfare of all employees within your control and operate within the confines of company policy in association with the HSE. Meet with your team and manager to discuss topics affecting production and take remedial action.
- Ensure that all employees within your control are using the correct personal and protective equipment necessary to perform their operation safely and in compliance with H&S law.
- Ensure that all machinery used within the manufacturing process has the necessary guards and are checked daily for non – conformance and results are recorded in record log. Report any findings to Engineering department and General Manager.
- Ensure that all employees that use sharp tools or machinery have received the necessary training and have been signed off as competent.
- Ensure that all fire exits, and routes are not obstructed and kept clearly accessible at all times.
- Ensure that all accidents are reported to the H&S Manager and the accident is recorded and supported with the correct documentation.
- Ensure the correct level of first aid supplies is available and that there is also a first aider available.
- Able to demonstrate sound communication, leadership, motivational and interpersonal skills.
- Be willing to participate in training courses for personal development.
- Communicate effectively at all levels and provide detailed reports when and as required.
- Flexibility will be required from time to time with additional overtime and holiday cover.
- Skills and Knowledge:
- Possess management experience of at least 5 years in an associated discipline/environment
- Skills: Computer literacy with Excel and Word PowerPoint associated packages
- Numerate and literate, preferably with management qualification
- Be able to demonstrate an understanding of budgets and business plans.